[3830] WAE SSB N5AW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5aw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB N5AW Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:53:45 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:   18          11
   40:   57          25
   20:  159          40
-------------------------
Total:  234   233   199  Total Score = 92,933

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Doubled last year's score and even beat this year's CW numbers ...but also put
in 4 more hours than on CW and last year I had some antenna issues for the SSB
contest. For this time of year in Texas 80 meters was quiet and had by far my
best results ever there. Unfortunately fifteen was a total zero. Had the Orion
band scope there most of Saturday and Sunday and never heard a single signal -
not even South America. Despite lots of CQing, over 90% of my contacts were
S&P. If 15 and 10 meters ever come back maybe that will change.

Don't know if it was propagation or just lack of activity but I did not work a
single OH other than OH0X. No OMs and only one OK and one 9A - usually
stalwarts of DX contests for me.

Thanks to DARC for a fun contest. Still waiting for those sunspots though!

Radios: Tentec Orion, Elecraft K3 â?? 100 watts

Antennas:
          80m: 5 sloping dipole array from 41m tower
          40m: Homemade Moxon up 42m
          20m: 3L SteppIR up 41m
             C3/C3 at 31m & 25m fixed NE
          Beverage: 230m NE