[3830] CQWW CW N7IR SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N7IR SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:23:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   27    11       10
   80:    2     2        2
   40:   21    10       11
   20:   41    15       17
   15:   24    14       15
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Had visiting relatives for the first time during a CQ WW contest.  Due to the
limited operating time available (late at night) I decided to try to break my
Zone 3 QRP 160 meter SOSB record.  Unfortunately the band seemed to be broken
from here during those hours and I couldn't even get close.  I turned the
failed attempt into a very limited SOAB QRP effort for our club score.  Had a
good time S&P on 15, 20 and then 40 during the last couple of hours of the
contest to build up the multiplier totals.  Worked 3X5A on four bands again
this year: 160, 40, 20 and 15.  Heard the Dudes on 80 for hours but could never
get through, even when they had no other callers.  My antenna for that band must
be broken!
73
Gary, N7IR