Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Specs on Van Gordon 1:1 Balun Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Specs on Van Gordon 1:1 Balun Reply
by KB0GU on July 15, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I installed on my tower a Van Gordon 1:1 balun on my A3S beam. I received no specifications on this balun. I am told it is voltage balun since there is a dc short through it versus current baluns that have a dc open. Anyone have specifications on it?

RE: Specs on Van Gordon 1:1 Balun Reply
by KB0GU on July 17, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
I am still looking for someone who has the specs on the Van Gordon 1:1 balun. I bought it at the radio store near me because it was reported that it was the one for my beam. Following some posts that the balun is a voltage balun and confirming that by taking a VOM measurement in the shack on the feed line showing there is a dc short on the input of the balun. Has anyone looked inside this balun? I have run 500 watts psk through it on 20 meters with no ill effects. Posts to eham review are few and far between from a 5 to a 1 or 2. I am suspecting that I will burn the balun out (I am running about 500 watts on psk31 for DX mode) although so far there has been no problem, and the tower and antenna a Cushcraft A3S will have to come down to replace this balun, a major problem. I wish I had read all the stuff on the internet and this post prior to putting this balun in the air. My tower is light weight (Aluma Tower 50 foot crankup, the light duty one TS150 I believe it to be) and will probably not withstand a climb by my 250 pound frame!!! I only wish I had chosen a current balun which is what I thought I was purchasing and done it right from the start. Any help on specs will be appreciated. Or if you have had one of these apart and can testify to their interior parts.

RE: Specs on Van Gordon 1:1 Balun Reply
by KT8K on August 5, 2003 Mail this to a friend!
All of Van Gorden's antennas using the balun are rated for "full legal limit" or "2kw".
Hope that helps. 73 de kt8k - Tim

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   3B8 & S79
Previous Topic:   Galaxy 2000+ or 2000b linear amplifiers.
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.