Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : WPX Scoring Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

WPX Scoring Reply
by ke4arh on April 3, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
I am a bit confused about scoring in the WPX contest. The rules state "(b) Contacts between stations on the same continent, but different countries, are worth one (1) point on 28, 21, and 14
MHz and two (2) points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8 MHz. Exception: For North American stations only�contacts between
stations within the North American boundaries (both stations must be located in North America) are worth two (2)
points on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and four (4) points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8 MHz.
(c) Contacts between stations in the same country are worth 1 point regardless of band."

If I am in the US and I contact a Canada station that is worth 2 points? How about if I contact another US station? 1 point or 2?

RE: WPX Scoring Reply
Anonymous post on April 5, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
If I am in the US and I contact a Canada station that is worth 2 points?

On some bands...on others, four points

How about if I contact another US station? 1 point or 2?

ALWAYS one point - no matter the band.

RE: WPX Scoring Reply
by ae6y on April 10, 2002 Mail this to a friend!
The scoring is that if you are in the US and work a VE, it's worth 2 points or 4 points, depending on the band. If you work another US station, it's one point on any band. It used to be worse: up till a few years ago, all intra-country contacts were zero points!
This rule favors VE's at the expense of US stations (because in the contest they will work many more W's than a W will work VE's), but it also favors NA at the expense of EU and JA stations.
It's a great contest. CU in CW at the end of May.
73, andy, ae6y

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Filters or Stubs ?
Previous Topic:   WPX Contest?
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.