Resources
 This Week's Contests
 Classified Ads
 Contest Links
 Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : Alpha Delta DX-LB antennas...any-one? Forums Help

1-4 of 4 messages

Page 1 of 1  

Alpha Delta DX-LB antennas...any-one? Reply
by n8yel on October 23, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
Looking for reports on how good the Alpha Delta DX-LB 40/80/160 antenna performs. Does anyone out there have one that is willing to share their opinion abt it with me?

Thanks,
Pete, N8YEL

RE: Alpha Delta DX-LB antennas...any-one? Reply
by IN3ASW on October 30, 2000 Mail this to a friend!
I'm using the A/D DX-A since one year now and I'm
very pleased with it. My setup is a 20m crank-up tower
with a Hy-Gain 402BA 2-el 40m, and a KLM KT34-XA on the top. The A/D is right under the 402BA at abt 15mt.
The only real comparison I can make is with the 402BA,
which logically outperforms the A/D. During this last
CQWW I heard D4,FM, and other caribbean stations on 160, (no chance to work with 100w). On 80 I broke lot of pileups such as D4,VP5,SU,and many others with a HEATHKIT SB-220. With great pleasure it works?!? (low SWR) also on WARC bands. I worked K5K on 18 & 24 , with 100W, which is a difficult task from my location.

by WO1N on November 4, 2000 Mail this to a friend!

I have a DX-LB up about 50'. Works as advertised. Pretty much kicks butt on 40M. 1.5:1 SWR points
below the bottom band edge (1.3:1 at the band edge) and 7280KHz on the upside. So, basically fine for all of 40M

80M, doesn't play well, my height is probably the biggest issue here. It has a pretty narrow SWR curve with the 1.5:1 points at 3870KHz to 3910KHz. This is higher in the band than I would like.

160M, in my installation it looks like it wants to be resonant way below the band with my best SWR at 2.7:1 at the bottom band edge. This is probably fixable by shortening up the last section. It loads up with a tuner fine, but I don't believe I've ever been able to work any DX with it. In fact, guys in 4 land couldn't hear me with it during last years wpxCW.

You got to make sure its in the clear and doesn't touch any branches/leaves.

Good luck,

Ken
WO1N

by VA3UL on July 4, 2008 Mail this to a friend!
Excellant antenna , I work VK every morning on it.

73 Dave

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   Software
Previous Topic:   CT Dat files
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.