Product Reviews

Site Information
 About This Site
 Contesting.com Team

Contesting Online Forums : Tips : TS2000-N1MM-Rascal Interface Forums Help

1-3 of 3 messages

Page 1 of 1  

TS2000-N1MM-Rascal Interface Reply
by VE3RCN on January 1, 2008 Mail this to a friend!
Has any TS2000 owner been able to get this to work? I can get my system to track freq/band changes, but it will not key the radio. I would like to compare computer and radio menu settings. The system works fine with N3FJPs software. I would like to expand the number of contests to which I will have logging ablility. Responses may also be sent to ve3rcn at rac dot ca

RE: TS2000-N1MM-Rascal Interface Reply
by nd4z on March 20, 2008 Mail this to a friend!
I have the same problem with my ts2000 and Rascal Interface. As soon as I plug it in from the radio's 13 pin din plug it keys the radio. If I take the PTT wire off the din plug the radio will receive PSK-31 ok, but can't figure out how to make it unkey my radio.
Please let me know if this is simular to your problem. TNX Rick ND4Z

RE: TS2000-N1MM-Rascal Interface Reply
by wb6yte on May 16, 2008 Mail this to a friend!
I use a Rascal interface with a TS-2000.

Questions:
1) Does it key the radio when the Rascal is disconnected from the computer? If it does, then there is a problem with the Rascal - possibly a short circuit, wiring error or a component failure.
2) Does the PTT LED on the Rascal light up when it is connected to the computer? If it does, then the problem is in the computer.
3) If #1 = no and #2 = yes: Is the correct com port selected in the software and are both RTS and DTR selected for PTT?

Let me know if you need more help.

Ed
WB6YTE

Page 1 of 1  

Next Topic:   ARRL RTTY RU
Previous Topic:   Help with CW keying from laptop
Email Subscription
You are not subscribed to this topic.

Subscribe!
My Subscriptions
Subscriptions Help

Search Tips:

Check our help page for help using Forums, or send questions, comments, or suggestions to the Forums Manager.