[3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mjwetzel@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:05:21 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 30

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 12.25
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 527  Total Score = 2,570

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time in several years that everything aligned and I was able to operate
FT.  A grandkid's birthday party and noise problems have interfered in the past.
 Also I had very good luck using an inband radio this year.  I could get within
1 KHZ and still copy through my transmit signal.  For the 2nd radio rx antenna I
used a 80 m EFBS array pointing away from transmit antenna.  I had 76 2nd radio
Q's.  I called CQ 100 percent of the time.  Newer radios (K4D's) also seemed to
help the in band rx.

Zero Europe and best DX was KH6AQ (14 points).  A lot of dupes (17) this time,
normally have less then 5.

Thanks to Tree and Lew (Boring Group) for super fast adjudication and sponsoring
all.  And thanks to all that made the effort to operate.

  HOUR  160CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------   -----   -----
   22      95      95      95
   23      97      97     192