[3830] RAC Winter VE7NZ SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE7NZ SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 00:05:48 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest - 2023

Call: VE7NZ
Operator(s): VE7NZ
Station: VE7NZ

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH:

   10:  300    313      10        10
Total:  300    313      10        10  Total Score = 45,960

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thought I would try 10m only since we are at a happy point in the solar cycle.
But it disappointed mid-day.  Morning was great. Got all mults except the
territories in the first approx 90 minutes of the band opening.  Looking good!
But then between around 11am and 2pm the band was almost dead... very slow.
Picked up for about 90 minutes in the afternoon then was very very quiet the
last 2 hours.

Lots of "spotlighting" - no signal to be found but I call CQ and every
so often a station booms in from the south or even south america.  Worked
several Fairbanks stations but didn't hear YT.  Worked several EU stations but
didn't hear VE8.

Oh well, it was a fun experience all the same.  Not sure I could have done any
better given the conditions.

Having a cold was not fun for ssb either i must say.  Some operators must have
thought I was taking my final gasp and becoming a silent key when i gave my
report!

Thanks to Sam for the work on this one.  It's a great contest.

Thanks for all the contacts.

73, Adrian VE7NZ