[3830] ARRL 10 NA8V SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NA8V SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:41:59 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: mi
Operating Time (hrs): 13:10

   CW: 1204   132
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1204   132  Total Score = 534,712

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Had a lot of enthusiasm at the start.  No Es Friday night dampened that a bit,
down 200 q from last year.  Set the alarm for 12z.  Unfortunately, the clock is
on EST so it didn't go off and I slept in 'til 14z.  Enthusiasm continuing to
wane.  Condx were decent Sat but many/most of the Eu sigs had multipath echo on
them.  BD7MM called in at 15z with an excellent signal over Eu for the highlight
of the contest.  Don't recall working that path at that time in the winter.
Took off most of the afternoon.  Sunday the band was slow to open and was never
as good as Sat, many signals were on the weak side.  Took the afternoon off to
watch football.  Another highlight was the great backscatter over the whole
eastern US.  Maybe next year we'll have the 180 flux.

63 s/p, 69 countries.

73,
greg/na8v