[3830] ARRL 10 K2XR(@N2SR) SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2xrk2xr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K2XR(@N2SR) SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 16:46:15 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K2XR
Operator(s): K2XR
Station: N2SR

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 26
Remote Operation

   CW: 1709
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1709   163  Total Score = 1,114,268

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

After CQWW CW, Tom(N2SR) and I discussed the possibility of setting his station
up for remote operation. The following weekend, a limited effort in the ARRL 160
was made, to get the fundamentals in place. The real target was this one.
During the week in between Tom hooked all his rotors up to the PC for the first
time.  In addition, remote control of a 3 stack would be needed as well as
getting his amplifier (Acom 2000A) wired up to be at least seen on the PC if not
completely controlled remote as had been done previously at the W2MKM setup.
Progress was steady with the exception of the RS232 port of the Acom which is
apparently dead. Tom rigged up a webcam so I could at least see the power meter
and RCU of the Acom to be sure everything was working properly, The stack was
controlled by a Chinese relay board and driven by an ahk script.
   Other than some network traffic congestion issues at peak hours, everything
performed well, but with openings starting later than hoped and closing earlier
than expected the goal of a W2 record was just out of reach. Had condition been
anywhere close to what they had been 2 weeks prior, it would have been better
than the 'close but no cigar' I was able to manage.
   Tom's fabulous setup.
C31xr @ 80 feet
C31xr @ 40 feet
on individual Prosistel ring rotors
5 elements fixed Eu 25 feet
3 antenna stackmatch
FT-1000mp
Acom 2000a
N1MM logger

Remote:
Zerotier networking
Splashtop Personal
Mumble

Recorded the entire event at the remote operators' machine using OBS studio with
the hope of using the material for both training and assessment purposes.  Hope
to do it again next year if my gracious host N2SR is willing.

   Dave K2XR

GO FRC !!