[3830] ARRL 10 VP2VMM M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenny.k2kw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VP2VMM M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:58:37 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: VP2VMM
Operator(s): AG9A KD4D W9RE K2KW
Station: VP2VMM

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Anegada Island, VP2V

   CW: 1933   147
  SSB: 1069   130
-------------------
Total: 3002   277  Total Score = 2,733,990

Hurricanes during our dxpedition, done that before.  Coup-de-tat during our
dxpedition, did that too.  Earthquakes during dxpedition, that's new!  A 5.4
earthquake happened during the contest about 6 miles north of us.  We were on
the north shore of the island so we're lucky there wasn't a tsunami.   There
were hand made signs saying "run this way during tsunami" which we
thought were a joke.  Nope.

Our cottage on Anegada Island, BVI was fantastic.  Great location, great group
of guys, but not so great conditions.  Before the contest we were working lots
of JA and SE Asia, but only a few made it in the log the first night via long
path around 0300z.  Other than that, we were pretty much shut out of JA.  BD7MM
was loud via long path around 1130z both mornings of the contest but we couldn't
work him.

We brought all of our equipment with us on this trip:
1 x K4
2 x K3
4 ele BSEF vertical array fixed on EU
2 ele vertical array fixed on NA and JA
2 ele Moxon for paths over land
All low power operation

Many thanks for the QSOs, and Team Vertical really appreciates Tom, N6BT for
providing the vertical antennas and Dave, N3AC for the Moxon.  All antennas fit
into a hard-case golf club carrier.

73, Kenny K2KW and the gang of AG9A, KD4D and W9RE

Logs will be uploaded once we get home.