[3830] ARRL 10 KI9A SO Mixed Unlimited Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chuckschneebeli@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KI9A SO Mixed Unlimited Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 23:33:40 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: KI9A
Operator(s): KI9A
Station: KI9A

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: IL

   CW:  432   115
  SSB:  290    77
-------------------
Total:  722   192  Total Score = 443,136

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Interesting contest. Easily broke my best from home (2014) using only my 40'
EFHW 80-10 as an L. Decided to just play around with it, and leave my old A3 at
25' rest. I think I may have left some EU on the table during the openings and I
really feel like I missed some close in stuff I usually hear on scatter while
pointed south.

Was fun using my new Flex. Friday evening, I watched the band scope for stuff
while doing other tasks. Caught a couple meteor blasts ( I think).

 Then Saturday AM, I began about 1200, worked a couple loud Carrib stations,
then watched the scope come alive as EU opened. Never open strong, and only
seemed opened for a couple hours here. No Z16/17 heard

Sunday AM was better. Band was quiet and even was able to run some EU with my
wire. Just plugged along all day, cqing and doing S&P. I'd say 80%+ Q's were
made while running. Even had a surprise run of maybe 5 JA's answering my CQ!

--I can't believe how MANY VE7/VE6/ID/MT/NV stations I worked!!! Never worked
that many! Also, had a blast chasing the XE states since it was wide open there.

Never had a decent E's opening to the east coast at all. Or SE. Or TX. Struggled
to work MD/PA/VA. But, had a nice opening to W1 with some VERY loud ME/MA
stations. I fell I would have made 1k Q's with just somewhat of an opening to
those places. All in all, pretty impressed with this EFHW. Not a replacement for
a yagi, but gave me some fun!

73! Chuck KI9A

Flex 6400
ACOM 1000