[3830] ARRL 160 K7TD SO Unlimited Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7td@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7TD SO Unlimited Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 01:28:17 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: K7TD
Operator(s): K7TD
Station: K7TD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: CO

Total:  QSOs = 157  Sections = 55  Countries = 5  Total Score = 19,740

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

I did not feel comfortable trying to RUN as my local noise level was such that I
would have had trouble copying weak stations.  So this was almost exclusively a
S&P venture.

Conditions Friday were poor,  Saturday only slightly improved however it was
very difficult to copy New England stations and no EU stations were heard.
Next season I hope to have my K9AY properly installed and the ability to detune
the Top Loaded G5RV vertical.  The quickly installed BOG was not very effective
due to coupling with the Vertical.

All in all,  this is a great exercise copying weak signals and identifying areas
 for improvement.

Thanks to all who were able to copy me.  And special thanks to Grand Mesa
Contesters that were able to participate and I was able to have a QSO.  (W0ETT,
W0ZA, K0RF, and others....)

73 Terry K7TD