[3830] ARRL 160 AD4EB SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 AD4EB SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 15:24:17 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2023

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TN

Total:  QSOs = 800  Sections = 76  Countries = 14  Total Score = 148,050

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Wanted to beat my last year's score, but conditions were not there.  Friday
night was very noisy, continual static crashes from storms to the south and the
northeast.  But managed some good rates. Saturday night was much better.

A very brief opening to EU at 05:00z the first night provided LY4A, YL7X, TN6M,
DR5X, and DQ2C.  But other than that opening,  did not hear much EU.  Also did
not hear much from CA stations until late Saturday night, they were very weak
here in TN.

Raised the elevation of my inverted L in the trees by another 10 feet, now at 75
ft. Added an additional 15 radials, 5 of which were into a neighbors back yard
to the NE (pays to have supportive neighbors). Also tried a 60 foot square loop
on ground RX antenna which worked ok, but did not receive as well as the
inverted L.   Will relocate and try again.

Enjoyed the contest, but decided to pull the plug at 800. Was watching the
online scoreboard, trying to stay in the top 10 which kept me motivated.

73 - Jim - AD4EB