[3830] CQWW CW IR2Q SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IR2Q SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:53:55 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: IR2Q
Operator(s): IR2Q
Station: IR2Q

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 46
OpMode: SO2R

  160:  267    10       51
   80:  735    16       61
   40: 1318    29       86
   20: 1018    27       82
   15: 1448    33       99
   10:  877    30       83
------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

This time it was my shift for murphy visit.
Just before the contest one radio decided to be stingy and not deliver power...
the meter didn't show anything, the power adjust didn't work, but some RF was on
the connector and looking at the PA out, I guess it was ~10W out or less, and
never got better until the end.
Naturally, after the contest, the radio was tested and worked normally...So I
will keep the doubt until Dec,9 :)
Well, the race started slow for me, but rates picked up the next hours with a
good shape of 40 and 80 meters.
The time gap between the night and day time passed so fast that I nearly did
nothing on 20m except some mult on LP, jumped from low bands to 15/10m and
staying there for a long time until the storm hit our antennas, and once again
did nothing on a dead 20m in the late evening, oing to low bands very early to
hear auroral ash.
During the storm a lot of signals were affected by echo and heavy distortion,
some of them, despite being strong, could not be decoded, sorry for that. I
think this was quite common for a lot of us on the air.
Luckily on Sunday the situation was better and signal strenght improved.

Had too much coffee on Saturday and when the nap time arrived around 23, I could
not sleep deep, so I just rested one hour in bed, and on Sunday afternoon I paid
the bill... at some point I was not able to operate 2bsiq anymore and switched
to "classic so2r" until the end trying to chase mults.
Big enjoyment overall, and happy to have heard many friends and good operators
on the air.
As most of us use to say, "this is what we like".
Thanks for the QSOs, 73s Luca