[3830] CQWW CW CN3A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sanda@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CN3A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 19:29:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: CN3A
Operator(s): OK1DO OK1FCJ OK1FFU OK1HGM OK1HRA OK1IC OK1JKT OK1NY OK1RI OK5MM
OM6NM
Station: CN3A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Safi

  160:   694    19       74
   80:  2044    31      105
   40:  3272    36      134
   20:  4172   147       39
   15:  3766   147       39
   10:  3691   148       39
-------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

At first congratulation to the TK0W+ team at D4C. They did an outstanding job.

We had just 6 "vanila" stations (3xFT10 + 3xFT1000MK5-!!!) - one per
band and no inbads. While hearing their pileups on high bands over night - we
came to the final statement - NO CHANCE this time. To explain - we heard few SA
and D4C on 10+15 and that is ALL. They were happily working 2-3 QSOs/min - whole
world and we heard NOTHING. On 20m it was a bit better but just a bit - we could
hear probably 30% of their pileup. But let's be reasonable - they are just few
km less than 2500km SW from US i.e. about the same as CS2C to my station OL4A or
II2S to Madeira or W3LPL to KP4 - so......

OK as I always say we do that to have FUN, if we eventually manage to vin we are
happy - if not we are happy too - we had fun.

I am 1000% sure that if we would erect all the inbads and build all the needed
HW and maybe ??? replace the OPs for some better ones - no chance still.

We had about 1 hour electricity drop-out - Saturday from about 0700 till about
0800.
We managed to work nice 323 stations on 6 bands, more than in SSB leg. The
propagation was according to our observation inferior to the one in SSB. The
high bands completely closed quite soon - just around 2000UTC. The stations on
LowBands were loud but a few of them there.

Antennas used:
bev on 160,80,40 - 5x about 300m long into 45, 90, 115, 260 and 300 deg.

160m - single delta loop@39m - verticaly fed
80m - 2x 2el deltaloops @43m (into EU and NA) - horizontaly fed loops spaced at
about 14m - i.e. similar setup to W3LPL
40m - 2x 3el.full size Yagi @25m 12m boom into EU and NA - fixed - not rotary.
20m - 3x 5el.Yagi into EU @39+27+15m fixed + 2x 5el.Yagi into NA @33+21m fixed
+rotary 4Y@28m.
15m - 4x 5el.Yagi into EU + 4x 5el.Yagi into NA + 5el.Yagi into 165deg +
4el.Yagi
into SA - all fixed
10m - 6x 4Y Yagi @38/32/26/20/14/8m to the USA, 3x 5el.Yagi fixed to EU
8+13+18m, 5Y Yagi at 35m to 120deg.

We are happy with the result - best ever score in CQWW-CW from CN3A.

Hope to hear you all soon in the next one.

Thanks to Ahmed CN8WK and of course to ARRAM.

For the whole CN3A team

Jiri - OK1RI