[3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA3AER SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:39:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 11:20

  160:
   80:   23     6       14
   40:  122    13       50
   20:  107    20       52
   15:   90    19       61
   10:  123    71       51
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A part-time effort aimed at working 12hr on Saturday. Goal missed due to a bad
headache that began about 1hr. before pulling the plug.
10M especially good. Stayed there until the EU activity really dropped. Then
tried 15M which was a disaster due to QRN from local university labs (they're
right in the path to EU). Went back there later in the evening once the noise
had abated.
20M was in fine mettle as was 40M. With the low, low-band antenna being an
80/40M loaded dipole, I can't expect much DX; and I am always thankful for the
DX ops who pick me up when I call.
It's interesting that the indices would have indicated poor operating cndx - K
got as high as 7! - that signals were as good as they were.

This is one contest I wish did not so often fall on Thanksgiving weekend.

73, tnx for the Qs.
---
Ted   WA3AER