[3830] CQWW CW HQ9X M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HQ9X M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 17:37:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: HQ9X
Operator(s): N9NC NG7A W1UE K1XM KQ1F
Station: HQ9X

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Honduras

  160:   304    12       28
   80:   709    21       75
   40:  1632    31      103
   20:  2159    35      114
   15:  2926    34      124
   10:  2639    36      125
-------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was a great contest to operate from zone 7.

The low bands weren't as good for us as last year but 10 and 15 made up for it.

We expected conditions to be better on Saturday but Sunday was great.  As others
have said the high SFI made up for the high K index.

Our plan was to go to 40 for the last couple hours of the contest and I moved
from 15 but the band wasn't ready.  So I went to 10.  It was open to the US and
Japan and stayed open to the end of the contest.  At 2359 a zone 26 station
called in for a double mult.  We have lots of stories like that...

Radios: IC-7610, IC-7300
Amplifiers: Alpha 99, Alpha 99

20, 15, 10: DXE Bencher Skyhawk at 56', VA6AM triplexer
40: Inverted vee at 50', vertical
80: Vertical
160: Vertical