[3830] CQWW CW N4IQ M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7wz.john@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4IQ M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 16:15:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N4IQ
Operator(s): N4IQ WN4AFP AA5JF N4XL W7WZ
Station: N4IQ

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SC

  160:   46    10       25
   80:  315    19       83
   40: 1096    29      117
   20:  730    35      118
   15:  838    33      121
   10:  757    29      110
------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

First ever M/2 CW contest from W7WZ in Fort Mill, SC.  New operator team from
the Swamp Fox Group.  Thanks to all who helped to update the station to be M/2
ready with band pass filters, separate feedlines, more antennas and great
equipment.  Dave, AA4VT and Kevin, N4XL provided inspiration, engineering and
tower climbing help.  Don, K4ZA consulted on the antennas and towers. Our
operators are all CW contest experienced and capable of runs and S&P.  They
quickly learned the K4D, K3S, N1MM, HiZ, and other computer tools.  Everyone got
along and contributed to the team effort.  My XYL Sharon helped with the food
and the TV control for the football games.

Conditions were excellent, especially on 10 meters.  We suffered on 160 due to
an amplifier fault and had to run with LP.  That aside the station worked
flawlessly.  Everyone is energized and thinking about the next contest and
continuous station improvements.

Thanks to everyone who listened for our call and worked us in the contest!

Antennas:  South tower 100' Rohn 45G, 3-stack of Force 12 C31XRs at 35/65 and
100 feet, Array Solutions StackMatch,160 dipole at 95 feet.  North tower 100'
Rohn 45G, Force 12 240N at 100', 80 meter ground plane, base at 25', 3 elevated
radials.  Radios:  Elecraft K4D, K3S  Amplifiers: 2-Acom 2000As