[3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1DC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:30:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MA

  160:   14     6        8
   80:   60    12       37
   40:  150    16       60
   20:  180    22       72
   15:  272    24       81
   10:  303    24       80
------------------------------
Total:  979   104      338  Total Score = 1,211,964

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was the first real test for my new station layout with the IC-7610. I was
confident it was ready after 2+ weeks of no COM errors with N1MM logger +.

I'm considered a "Little Pistol" with my simple station on a 9,685 sq.
ft. suburban lot. I'm on a hillside with the horizon visible for about 270d of
the compass. My results prove a very good score is possible with only 100W and
simple antennas.

This was a SOAB LP entry using NO ASSISTANCE. About 85% S&P and 15% run. I
hoped for more run time but the stations were endless and multiplier hunting is
fun.

Amazing conditions with lots of activity. I knew something great was going to
happen when I worked 15 JA's on the first call in pileups. That has never
happened before in 55 years as a ham. Those JA's QSO's were short path with my
yagi pointed into the hill north of me.

I originally planned on a "Classic" entry but decided to keep going a
little past 24 hours. I'm glad I did when I found OX7AM (double mult) and GS7V
(new mult) on 40M in the final minutes.

I started keeping track of QSO success in pileups.  I broke more than 20 pileups
on the first call including stations in Zone 25, 31, 32, and 40.  The trick is
very simple and nearly 100% effective.  NEVER ZERO BEAT the DX. I always
transmit up about 25-35Hz from the DX station.  It was incredible to listen to
100's of stations constantly sending their calls on the DX frequency.

There were a LOT of highlights for me......

DS4EOI on the first call on 20M
BD4TTU on 20M with a very echoey signal (a patient OP with good ears)
107 unique DXCC countries
10M being full all the way to 28162
Working Zone 32 stations SP and EU LP without rotating the antenna

Overall it was an awesome weekend that included my grandson's 2 goal hockey game
on Saturday.

Station:
IC-7610, HyGain Explorer 14 @32ft, 160M Inv.L, 80/40 dipoles, N1MM Logger +

Thanks for all the QSO's  Lots of great Op's out there with good ears.

The IC-7610 is an amazing radio. I can hear virtually everything including
stations calling CQ on the same frequency in different parts of the world.

73,
Rick  N1DC