[3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G/PJ4NG) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PJ4A(@PJ4G/PJ4NG) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:51:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: PJ4A
Operator(s): KU8E K4BAI N8VW PJ4NX
Station: PJ4G/PJ4NG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Bonaire

  160:   29     9       28
   80:  535    22       77
   40: 1396    36      119
   20: 1494    37      129
   15: 1884    37      139
   10: 1957    37      136
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This was our 17th trip to K2NG's contest station on Bonaire for CQWW CW. We
started coming to Bonaire even earlier than that, starting in 2004, which was
for the ARRL DX CW contest. That's a long time. Thanks to Noah for allowing us
to operate the station for all these years. Also a big thanks to all the
operators over the years who've missed Thanksgiving with their family to join
John and I for this contesting adventure. Both of our wives have been very
understanding of this contest addiction that the two of us have ! Unfortunately
this might be our last CQWW CW contest trip to Bonaire. John's 50th wedding
anniversary is next year (it happens every year during the CQWW contest week)
and he feels it might be a good idea to stay at home in 2024. In 2025 he will be
83 years old so we will have to wait to see if he's up to travelling to Bonaire
then.

For many years we did Multi-2 but always came in 2nd place or in the top 5 to
the guys in North Africa or Cyprus. When we switched to M/S it was hard to be
competitive with those using multiple stations/operators like P33W. We did break
thru and won the M/S world category a couple times. 2018 was especially sweet
since we won with just two operators. The contesting being around a major
holiday made it very hard to recruit operators to join us. I counted up 20
different contest callsigns who've made the CQWW CW contest trip with K4BAI and
I since 2006.

Moving forward to 2023... we had my old college friend Pat, N8VW join us. Peter,
PJ4NX also joined us but didn't have much time to operate since he has a lot of
business interests in Bonaire to tend to. He operated with us for about 5 hours
on Saturday morning. So it was a grind to keep the run and multiplier station
going with just three operators. Conditions were excellent. The solar
disturbance didn't seem to effect us at all. The higher bands were open for a
long time so it didn't really make much sense to spend a long time on 160 and 80
meters. The numbers on those bands showed that.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts. We are now looking forward to meeting up
with the PJ4K team for dinner tonight to swap stories. It's become an after
contest tradition since WA3LRO and team have rebuilt the old PJ1B station in
2017.

73's Jeff KU8E