[3830] CQWW CW W8AV SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:21:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 22:48

   10: 1137    34      129
------------------------------
Total: 1137    34      129  Total Score = 529,913

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was the most fun I have ever had operating on 10 meters.  Originally
planned to do another multi-op from W8AV but the antenna repairs did not get
done this year.  I have it scheduled for early next spring to repair the ring
rotators as well as the 15 and 40 meter antennas.
That said, I chose to do a 10 meter single band assisted operation this year
since the band has been so much fun in the last few months with the higher
sunspot numbers.  I was not disappointed!  The EU and JA runs were incredible! I
thought that with the A being 38 on Sunday the band would be  quite noisy and
signals would be weaker, but that was not the case.
I set a goal of making 1100 QSO's and 130 countries.  Achieved the QSO total and
was calling BD4TTU for country #130 in the last half hour of the contest but
they could not pull out my call, so I ended up one short.  Biggest mistake was
forgetting to check the NG3K list concerning TO0T (I thought that might have
been a busted call, since there were a lot of them that appeared in the bandmap)
so I missed out on getting that relatively easy mult.  Missed Zones
18,21,23,26,29,and 34. I saw spots for 21 and 26 and heard 26 but could not work
it.
Looking forward to the Ten Meter Contest in a couple weeks and hope for good
propagation for that contest