[3830] CQWW CW K8GU SOSB10 Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ethan@k8gu.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8GU SOSB10 Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 03:40:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K8GU
Operator(s): K8GU
Station: K8GU

Class: SOSB10 HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: EM79vp
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

   10:  557    29       93
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Station: 4-element G0KSC OWA Yagi (interlaced with 5-element 6m) at 10m above
ground, Elecraft K3/100 + KPA500, TRLinux

Notes:  Hamshack is torn up for renovation; antennas were down for
landscape/tree work.  Hastily erected antenna on temporary crank up tower during
week before contest and then left town for two days before contest.  SWR on 10m
was high everywhere, about 2.3-2.5 and closer to 6 on 6m.  With darkness
falling, I elected to put a tuner in-line and force the antenna to take 500W
from the KPA500 without making it upset.  I did some basic troubleshooting from
the shack, but it "worked well enough to have some fun."  I'll pull it
down next weekend before the ARRL 10m contest and see what's going on.

Thanks for the QSOs...

73,

--Ethan, K8GU.