[3830] SS SSB W4AAA(KK9A) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@kk9a.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W4AAA(KK9A) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 03:04:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W4AAA
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: W4AAA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

   10:    5

Well, that was fun! 20m was in fantastic shape. It was open everywhere and I was
frequently switching antennas. It was my second-best band for QSOs plus 3/4 of
my multipliers were worked there. 40m was the money band, producing the most
QSOs. It had both long and short skip through much of the night. My two 4el
beams worked very well with low SWR all way to the top of the band. I typically
make a lot more QSOs on 80m but this year the band seemed empty and noisy at
times. 10m and 15m had good openings to distant areas however I did not spend
much time there. Most of the ARRL/RAC sections had answered my CQs early in the
contest and the remaining ones I found with my second radio on the first
evening. It was great to have the SWEEP before my sleep break. My sleep break
came a good hour sooner than I had expected, I guess everyone goes to bed
earlier now. Most of the sections were well represented. For me Puerto Rico and
Newfoundland were the rarest and Illinois once again appeared in my log the most
times. The most common check that I worked was 77 which is a year earlier than I
was licensed. While it seemed like activity was down from previous years, I did
work a number of newer hams. Sweepstakes has a difficult exchange and most of
the newer hams did a great job with it. Thanks for the QSO’s! I would also
like to thank my QSL manager Tim, WD9DZV. He uploaded my log on various sites
and of course he will respond to any physical card requests.

73

John KK9A
http://www.w4aaa.com