[3830] CQWW CW V31CQ(@V31HQ) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW V31CQ(@V31HQ) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 01:00:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: V31CQ
Operator(s): V31CQ
Station: V31HQ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

  160:   22     6        6
   80:  524    19       66
   40:  400    22       68
   20:  497    24       74
   15: 1238    33      112
   10: 1343    34      109
------------------------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

This is my second year operating single-op from V31HQ at Maya Hill but my first
time trying SOAB.

The station equipment performed very well, with only my laptop giving me the
occasional problem. I had to stop my runs a couple times to quickly correct
issues but was back in action a few minutes later.

The high bands were in great shape, with openings lasting for hours after
sunset. I was surprised about how much activity there was on 80m; had a large
pileup spanning Friday night into Saturday morning.

Worked 39 of 40 zones, just missing z34. I had some luck with z22 and z23; got
called from Mongolia during a 15m run and when on 10m I saw the spot pop up for
VU2CDP about a kc away from my run frequency. I was able to jump over and work
them without interrupting the run.

My thanks for Andre and Monika for allowing me to stay at Maya Hill and
providing wonderful hospitality during my stay.