[3830] CQWW CW VY1CO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, scott.vy1co@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VY1CO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 23:24:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VY1CO
Operator(s): VY1CO
Station: VY1CO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:   20     6        5
   20:  136    12       32
   15:   96    14       15
   10:  201    48       74
------------------------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It was never meant to be...I was away for work only to return to a bent and
broken hex beam due to high winds, a long house hold chore list and, a took
sick. I was worried it was a serious man cold, but luckily, it was just covid
:(

I  Spent the contest in something of a neo citron induced haze...on and off
again. A very lack luster effort to say the least, but it was still enjoyable.
Despite the near black out of radio up here in the North, conditions seemed OK
all things considered. I very much appreciated the stations who were patient
enough for me to doddle along at 25wpm...I laughed as I imagined some of he big
guns having to reach for their straight keys to accommodate me :)I can copy a
lot better than I can keyboard...but I am getting there.

As mentioned the hex was a a bundle of wires, but still loaded 'OK' on 15 and
20...10m was served by an 80m doublet. Highlight for me was getting called on 2
bands from the team at D4C...as well, always nice to get the odd hello from
familiar calls.

see you next time,

Scott VY1CO