[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 04:13:11 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Nov 23

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

Total:  125  Mults = 113  Total Score = 14,125

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Things got pretty frustrating this time. 80 meters showed no activity at the
starting gun, so started on 40. Couldn't get any kind of run going and lost out
on many S&P calls. After a little over 20 minutes, went to 80 and got a nice
run going. I was trying to practice for this weekend's CQWW CW that I'll be
operating remote. Knowing that I won't have either QSK or, worse, a way of
sending manually, I tried to refrain from doing any fills with the paddle. I
didn't turn off QSK. Nevertheless this slowed me way down at times of peak rates
with multiple caller and made me sound like a lid at times. Fortunately, the
speeds will be slower in the DX test so maybe I can muddle through.
Nevertheless, I was pleased with how the 80 meter run went. See everyone next
week at 1300Z with the paddle and QSK.

73...
Randy, W8FN