[3830] SS SSB K4JPD(N4OO) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na4bw@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4JPD(N4OO) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 13:01:34 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K4JPD
Operator(s): N4OO
Station: N4OO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

   10:    7

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Hoped for quiet condx on 80 but QRN from the Caribbean storm made it an almost
useless band from here. QRN was really tough. Of course, Sunday evening was just
fine...

Gave over a dozen newbies detailed exchange explanations and some of those were
priceless. 1 guy that I was helping jumped straight into a rag chew and told me
all about his Thanksgiving plans and who was coming to dinner and what were my
plans. He just would not un key. The best though was a guy that I still didn't
have the # in his call and figured I could get it after the explanation. Well
no. After all that with a lengthy Q & A session I asked for the # in his
call he simply said, " I just don't know". Can you be pissed and roll
in the floor laughing at the same time?

Ran out of stations to work Sunday. Last few hours were pretty sad.

Thanks to Steve for letting me op at his place! 73 Brian N4OO