[3830] SS SSB N1LN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1LN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:28:12 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 14.2
OpMode: SO2R

   10:    7

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Being a CW op, it is hard to say I had more fun with the SSB SS than with the CW
SS. Why? No equipment failures! My SS goals are simple. Make 1000Qs and get a
sweep. This time I did that. Moving on....

Saturday afternoon and evening were great. I found an excellent run frequency on
20 right at the start and the band was hopping. Made only a few second rig Qs on
15 for mults to help get the sweep out of the way. Then, moved relatively early
to 40 to get another run frequency. After that, made a few more second rig mult
Qs on both 20 and 15. That strategy worked as my Sweep was done in just under 6
hours and now time to just make Qs. Finally shut down for the night around 0530
UTC with 8.5 hours of op time.

Seemed like participation was up, especially with new or infrequent OPS. Had
several calls from Ops that did not know the exchange which I helped each time.
Did have a couple calls from Ops that just stated they were not in the contest
but wanted to know if I could hear them. They were not interested in learning
the exchange, so I just restarted CQing.

Started out Sunday with a couple solid hours on the air and then filled the rest
of the day with football games, basketball games and some outside work so it was
a very casual day with more off the air time than on the air time. Last Q was at
2354 UTC.

Thanks for the Qs, the repeats and the sweep!

73,
Bruce N1LN