[3830] SS SSB N6RO Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6RO Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:41:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): KK6PXT KO6M K8TR N6RO N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This operation was a conventional "one operator, one radio, at a time"
M/S. All ops enjoyed the contest, and all were onsite. No equipment failures.
Best part was coaching/training our newer ops. for two team members, this was
their first SSB SS.  For N6RO, this was SSB SS ~#60, missed a few since 1953.
Now for the blow-by-blow:

First QSO was on 10M by K8TR, then N6WM took 15m,racking up 317 Qs in 2.5 hours,
mostly on 15m.  Chris had the highest rates in our effort.  K8TR took over,
keeping the rate up on 15, then 20m.  Randy made the most QSOs over the weekend,
working  on all bands.

KK6PXT took over about 04z, running on 40.  Greg was learning his new K4, N1MM,
and the SS exchange, all at the same time, and quickly got the hang of it.  We
shut down at 08z with 813 Qs.

N6RO stayed up to work the East Coast sunrise from 11z to 13z on 80/40m. This
segment was not as productive as I had hoped, unlike previous years, but it
helped the Q total.

K8TR started the Sunday shift late in the 14z hour, working thru 20/15/10 until
abt 1930z, when KO6M took over for the rest of the contest, doing SO2R
effectively on the FLEX station.  Dave said, "that kicked ass". We
ended our 24 hours about an hour before the end.

Seems like participation was down from previous years, but we still had fun.

We're looking fwd to WW CW next weekend.  73, N6RO