[3830] SS SSB NN6U Single Op Limited-Ant LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@nn6u.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NN6U Single Op Limited-Ant LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:26:14 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NN6U
Operator(s): NN6U
Station: NN6U

Class: Single Op LP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: SF

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions on the high bands! Had fun operating expedition-style from a
cabin, and it also counts as 3 days of POTA activations. I took the suggestion
from the recent ARES letter and treated it as an EmComm exercise (which is
mostly what I was going to do anyway, but I also ran off of battery and solar
instead of AC mains).

Saturday was interesting with the storm - it knocked over my best antenna for
low bands, so I lost 2 hours trying to work with a compromise antenna. Once the
wind died down, just went back to my good antenna and carried on.

Beat my score from last year and broke my goal of 200 Qs. Also it looks like I
might have done well in the new limited antenna overlay - hoping for a section
or division win there. We'll see!