[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randysdvm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 02:47:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 17.25

  160:    0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

It seemed like the activity was down this year.  But as always, I had fun. I
took time out to watch a couple football games and to get about 6 hours of
sleep.  I operated for one hour longer this year compared to last year and had a
slightly better score (with 20 more Qs and 2 more mults).  I missed OK, PR, and
Ter.  It's been several years since I've had a sweep.  Bummer!

I think the time period for SS is well past needing to be changed, but I like
the exchange since it gives an idea of how long the operators have been licensed
(except of course in the case of club stations, etc.).

I was flabbergasted to have a station insist that "Q" was not a
precedence and wouldn't take it.  He said "I know you're QRP but what is
your precedence?"  Huh?  He arbitrarily chose to put me down as
"A".  I've been running QRP in SS for decades and that was a first!

There were the usual apparently inexperienced operators who did not give their
call as part of the exchange.  I also had a station that had apparently
mis-logged another station as me (similar call signs), and insisted I had
already worked them (I hadn't).  They refused to work me (even as a potential
dupe).  So they missed out on two QSO's - the one with the callsign they busted
and my contact they refused to make!

As always, thanks to all that strained to pull my signal out of the QRM and
QSB.

73,
Randy, ND0C

Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts out
Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40 feet, 40 meter rotatable dipole at 42 feet, and
inverted vee with apex at 38 feet.