[3830] SS SSB N3RTW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N3RTW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 01:39:07 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N3RTW
Operator(s): N3RTW
Station: N3RTW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM18
Operating Time (hrs): 6.1

   10:    8

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

IC-7300, OCF, 100W. Also tried out my new 10m Moxon which is a whopping 10'
high.

"Try Skookum Logger for the first time in the SSB Sweepstakes" I told
myself, and promptly deleted my first two QSOs, so I went back too good old
RUMLogNG.

The bands were good. My pileup wins were generally bimodal -- either I got in
the first couple of tries or never at all. Tried calling CQ on 10, 15, and 20
but never had any calls so everything was S&P. Not sure if I couldn't hear
them above the noise, or I wasn't getting out, or maybe I just needed to be more
patient. I'm sure experience will help here.

I've been using a tattoo gun foot switch for my PTT for the past 2 years. It's
bugged me because you need a lot of force to press it, leading to PTT dropping,
or my chair rolling back. Not sure why I didn't think of it until today, but I
removed the spring from inside the switch and now it works a treat.

Put in a solid effort on Saturday to get to 100, and Sunday was done in fits and
spurts as I found time. Average rate was in the 30's so nothing to write home
about there. I clearly need to run.

Happy to have had my call recognized by several PVRC members and to be able to
contribute to the club score.