[3830] SS SSB N3OC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N3OC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 22:31:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N3OC
Operator(s): N3OC WR3Z
Station: N3OC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wife booked us at a show Sunday evening so we ended a little early. We seemed
reasonably competitive up to the point we had to pull the plug. Had our sweep
Saturday night, so just QSO hunting all day Sunday. Glad I worked KP4AA as first
QSO! Station performed well, no glitches this year.

Conditions seemed tough, sometimes seemed good, but a lot of weak stations to
pull out and activity not that great? Just my impressions. Nice to hear a lot of
new folks on, hope I didn't scare them away. I think this one is won and lost
here on the east coast on 40m, and 40 phone not my favorite pastime. 10 and 15
were not great, which was disappointing.

Barry (WR3Z) and I have been doing this for a long time now, time really flies.
Started in 2003 when I first put my towers up, so I think this is our 20th SS
SSB multiop here.

Glad it's over though, back to regularly scheduled CW operation... I need a
drink and some nice music!

Brian N3OC

10/15/20 - Bencher Skyhawk stack with VA6AM HP triplexer (works great!)
40 - Shorty-40 stack
80 - 3-el wire beam NE/SW reversible
160 - Inv-L w/elevated radials
NE and NW short beverages