[3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7RR HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7rr@telus.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB VA7RR HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:31:25 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - November

Call: VA7RR
Operator(s): VA7RR
Station: VA7RR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 4
OpMode: SO2R

   80:   10     :15
   40:  115    1:50
   20:  132    1:55
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #1

Comments:

Nice turnout of multipliers for this running of the SSB Sprint.  VY0, as an
example, is a tough one even in the RAC contests, so it was great to log VY0ERC.
However, it was strange to miss some easy ones such as New Jersey.

I found 40M conditions to be quite good - I normally get pushed around by others
on this band when competing in Sprints, but this time I felt competitive.

As others have reported, 75M conditions were dismal. My antenna on this band is
quite ordinary,and my noise level was at S8, which also didn't help.  I pretty
much worked all that I could hear. The only loud ones were K7RL and VA7YJJ.  The
only saving grace was that it forced me to spend more time on 40M, and I picked
up five mults there during the last hour of the test.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

Gary
VA7RR