[3830] CQWW SSB K4FK M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wil9926@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4FK M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 19:01:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K4FK
Operator(s): N4QV WB3ISP
Station: K4FK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FL

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   73    11       38
   20:  120    25       55
   15:  171    24       52
   10:  208    22       54
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

As I am trying to get more interest in contesting and DXing from local club
members, we held an open house at the South Florida DX Association club station,
K4FK.  Jeff made some contacts while some newer hams visited the open house on
Saturday. I stayed after the open house and made some contacts Saturday and I
returned Sunday to put in 6 additional hours.  Conditions were quite good both
days and the visitors enjoyed themselves.  It was, of course, a casual part time
effort, but everyone enjoyed themselves.

The station consist of a Kilowatt to a HyGain TH-11 at 110 feet and an inverted
V on 40 at 100 feet.  Our 80-160 antennas are currently inoperable since FT8
smoked the balun!  I look forward to more participation in the future!

Randy, N4QV, President of SFDXA