[3830] WAE RTTY K3WJV Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY K3WJV Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 04:19:36 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA

   80:   95          76
   40:  191    21   180
   20:  205   210   162
   15:  220   440   162
   10:  132   220   128
-------------------------
Total:  843   891   708  Total Score = 1,227,672

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

WAE & WPX are my favorite contests - and maybe WAE has the edge between the
two
but QTC's are fun - they were always fun to send and let the other guy figure
it out and receiving has its separate quirks - it gets easier eventually. Left
a lot on the unsent table.

I do know before the next WAE rtty I will have a 2nd fan in my Acom2000a.  I am
stuck right now into so1r on rtty with my K4&Acom.  My temperatures esp on
10mtrs were objectionable so I cut my runs short on that band - more runs mean
more QTCs with longer xmit times.  But more runs would use up available QTCs.
Its a vicious circle.

Besides the fan on the Acom I hope to be so2r on rtty fairly soon.  My kpa1500
has a bunch of fans but I already know how it will act as thats the amp I use
on FT modes.  Lots of things on the list.  Story of my life.

Had a ton of fun - its so nice to not have ear problems after a weekend of
extended radio time.  I think we could have used a few more participants but
all in all I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Tnx for the Q's.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

K4 thru NQN filters to Acom2000a
K3-P3 thru Filtermax V to KPA1500
2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450-A rotor & Green Heron controller
40m ZeroFive 1/4 wave vertical w/ 2 elevated radials
80m & short 160m Inv vees @ 35ft
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R (2 keyboard) >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-A/B relays-W2VJN stubs
VA6AM triplexer with high power BPFs 10-20mtrs
N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger