[3830] WAE RTTY N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:51:10 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Clarksville TN

   80:
   40:  105    0     72
   20:   75    0     64
   15:   55    0     66
   10:   65    0     60
-------------------------
Total:  300    0    262  Total Score = 78,600

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I was hoping to have N1MM configured to do QTCs, but I procrastinated
until 30 minutes before the start of the contest to figure it out. Goal
before next WAE contest is to get QTCs set up and practice a bit first.
Low bands seemed down Friday night, but it could also have been me.
Three days before the contest I decided to add a 160m inverted L wire to the
6BTV feed point to get ready for the 160 season, and killed 80m and shifted
40m way high in the band. No time to tweak things before the start of the
contest, so went with what I had. EU was tough to work on 40m with a 4:1
SWR and low power, but I did manage to to get 6 EU entities in the log on 40.
Thank goodness for the antenna tuner to keep the radio happy!
10 and 15 were much better bands for working EU, Although I missed all of
Saturday mornings EU opening, as I had other obligations to attend to, and did
not get back in the chair until late afternoon. 20m was so - so, mostly NA/SA
and Caribbean with some EU worked. I'm sure that was just the time slots I was
able to operate.
I did manage some quality operating time Sunday morning on 10 and 15 and worked
many EU. Sorry for not having QTCs to TX or RX. Good thing the rules for the
RTTY addition of the WAE DX allows for all stations to be worked. This could
have been a much smaller log. Altogether, on all bands, 27 unique EU entities
made the log. Lots of fun! I'm sure it will be more fun once I get the QTCs
figured out!
73 Gene, N9TF
100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted.