[3830] CWopsT K0WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0wa@swbell.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K0WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 20:11:30 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Nov 8

Call: K0WA
Operator(s): K0WA
Station: K0WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS

Total:  134  Mults = 134  Total Score = 17,956

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

I sure had a goof today.  This weekend, my buddy AB0S helped me put up a
Butternut HF6V vertical over my old ground plane.  The antenna tuned up very
well.  I got it used for 150 dollars and it was in piece down to the nuts and
bolts.  So, it was quite the puzzle to put together.  Also, it was one of the
first one made with very old instructions.  Well, we got it together and it
worked fine

Today getting ready for CWT, I was fooling with it and tuned the station on the
beam and also on the vertical.  I forgot to switch from the vertical to the bean
for CWT.  I wondered why the signals were down in the mud a little but I thought
it what the CME from the past weekend.  Then I looked over at the remote antenna
switch and it was on the Butternut after 3/4 of an hour trying to run stations.
I did run a lot of the stations.  Going to the beam, the signals wee quite a bit
stronger.  Ooops

ICOM 7610, Merc IIIs, Butternut HF6V-X, and a C3E at 60 feet

Thanks for the QSOs

Kee