[3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K0HC(W0BH) School Club HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 04:29:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 21.1

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Log has been uploaded to LOTW and submitted to the ARRL.

The first part of Saturday was really fun with very unusual conditions. 10 and
15 were open almost everywhere (including neighboring states like OK and AR at
times), and the Canadian stations were really loud. I got all of Canada, Alaska,
Hawaii and the VI within the first four hours, and heard big pileups on PR. I
ended up not working PR until my very first contact after the sleep break when I
heard a lonely NP3Y CQing on 40m. Later, WP3R called me. My last five sections
were ND WTX AL MB and PR. Had I taken the time to work PR on Saturday, I would
have broken my personal best time record to the Sweep.

That and the fact that there were no technical issues was the good news. The bad
news as always, was Sunday. I had one stretch where I CQd for 20 minutes on
several bands without a nibble. That might be a record for me, too. I finally
just took an hour nap and later a long prairie walk and supper. It seemed like
there weren't as many ops on as in previous years, and I can't blame them. ARRL,
please think about how you could make this contest fun again.

I only heard and worked one other School station: W8SH. That's a record low.
Looking at my CW Sweeps stats since 2004, I noticed these outliers.

WMA 2,  average 7
WNY 22, record HI
EB  2,  average 11, record LOW
SCV 17, average 33, record LOW
AZ  16, first time in the teens, record LOW
MT  12, average 8, record HI
MN  28, average 37, significantly lower
QC  2,  average 5, record LOW

I also worked a record number of singleton mults: NNY TER PE MB AK VI

I'm having fun training some new students for the Phone SS and they're really
excited. I'm hoping for 10 and 15 again in two weeks!

Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC