[3830] SS CW N6TJ Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6TJ@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6TJ Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 18:53:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N6TJ
Operator(s): N6TJ
Station: N6TJ

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K4.  (Love it)
Alpha 87
Hustler 4BTV trap vertical

A few hours to check out my new K4. So far so good. Sounds great on code
My first SS since 1984. A few were obviously shocked to hear my call and took
the time to say “Hi Jim”. Apologies to those who confused me with my young
friend N5TJ
A common 3830 thread were complaints about the Sunday slog of 20 to 30 per hour
rates
An obvious solution is to change the format to work everyone on every band. Duh.
It’d so obvious it won’t happen. My local ARRL Director N6AA told me its
been proposed before and went nowhere. Why not??

Contests are supposed to be fun with a goal of generating a lot of QSOs. This
revised format would certainly do that.  SS formats have changed before
Wasn’t it 40 hours years ago??
Idea:  change 2024 SS to a Beta year and see if this works. Freeze previous
records so they don’t get messed with.  Why not??
Hoping to work many of you in the upcoming CQ CW where I once again will signing
KH7M from Hawaii’s Big Island

Vy 73

Jim Neiger N6TJ