[3830] SS CW WU4G SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wu4g@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW WU4G SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 23:32:16 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WU4G
Operator(s): WU4G
Station: WU4G

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Central Virginia Contest Club

Comments:

As I was a bit nervous starting, I took a benadryl to calm down, inserted plugs
in both ears before putting the headphones on to reduce the XYL QRM, and then
just to make it challenging, I decided to run QRP. Later in the contest, just to
keep everyone honest with their copy skills, I decided to use spots to reduce
what I had to copy, so I changed my precedence from Q to U. I even experienced a
pileup on my frequency when the guy I was working made 7 Q's in between my
requests for fills. There's nothing like SS! The courtesy of hams is simply
amazing.  Many asked if they could QRQ to get me to copy their exchange faster
and move on. I knew I was starting to get the hang of it when I saw the rate
meter hit 10 Q's/hr. When 0300Z hit I headed for the sofa to unwind and relax my
brain a bit by working on 5 Sodoku's at once while guzzling a Red Bull. I'm
already feeling anxious about next year.
Document Upload