[3830] SS CW K8PO SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K8PO SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 16:19:14 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K8PO
Operator(s): K8PO
Station: K8PO

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

   10:    8

This old butt doesn't want to stay in the chair! My first significant effort in
SS since 2014 (KY4F at that time.) The years keep creeping up, and my ability to
stay at the rig is slipping away!

I had forgotten how the Sunday afternoon doldrums can wear on you! I, like many
others, would like to see the league amend the rules to allow for working
stations on multiple bands. I know that would blow all the previous records to
bits, but come on, this is an effort to prove our ability to communicate across
various bands and conditions. Constraining our ability to make contacts on
multiple bands hinders that.

I don't know how many folks read these comments, but please, for the love of all
that is holy, read the rules! Sending your call as part of the exchange is a
requirement. It is not optional. Speaking for myself, I use that
"second" sending of your callsign as a double-check to make sure I
have it correct. When all I get is CK and SEC, it throws my mind for a loop. I
have to resync, and it just slows everything down. I'm not sure of the league's
policy on that. Are those that do not send the entire exchange DQ'd? Just
wondering.

Thanks for the Q's. Happy Thanksgiving.

73 Doug
K8PO