[3830] SS CW W7RM(N6TR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7RM(N6TR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 15:50:00 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W7RM
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 13
OpMode: 2BSIQ

  160:    0

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

First Day - a very good start - almost the same as last year.

Second Day - a poor first hour, even worse second hour and then the wheels came
off with two consecutive hours below 20/hour.  This is not normal and was not
very much fun at all.  We operate these to have fun - right?  Threw in the towel
and decided to do something different with this day.

Hats off to those who continued in the slog.  I missed VO and KP2.  Heard one VO
working their way up the band but couldn't get them to answer my CQ up a few
slots.  That never works (except when it does).

There are a few stations who have CW keying issues that really affect their
ability to be copied.  Some of these I assume are remote operations.  Relying on
UDP packets on the internet is a tough way to go.  Much better to send ASCII and
have your keying generated locally.  Also, at least one station had their amp
keying on and off during their CW elements (or something like that) which made
it very hard to copy.

Thanks to K2PO for the use of Rush's callsign.  I feel bad that I didn't finish
with it.

Rigs: 2 X K4D + KPA1500
80M: Delta Loop
40M: 4L OWA Yagi + Dipole