[3830] SS CW WG9L Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WG9L Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 13:59:59 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WG9L
Operator(s): WG9L
Station: WG9L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL

   10:    5

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Tried to go for a serious effort this year, but was put off by the sun acting up
in the middle of the contest.  SO MUCH NOISE and weak signals were a disaster.

I was going for a sweep as well, because the last time I got a sweep was back in
2008.  Alas, I missed VI and PR.  I thought those would be easy on 15 or 10, but
I never came across them (bummer).  I got all of VE, AK and PAC on Saturday, so
I thought the rest should be a cinch.  Nope.  I only worked my last section DE
with about 30 minutes to go at the end.  Then I worked two in a row.

I started on 20M, right on time and had a great rate of 60/hr.  I thought this
could be a great year.  Rates were up and down, but generally I was pleased,
given my dinky, low antenna setup and 100W.  My K4 was fantastic.  So many times
I needed to crank the bandwidth down to 50Hz, but never lost a beat.  What a
great radio.  No equipment issues at all.

I had fun anyway.  Oh well, there's always next year.

Rig: K4
Antenna's: LOW dipoles (20-25 feet) for all bands.
Software: N1MM+