[3830] SS CW K1LT SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@groups.io
Subject: [3830] SS CW K1LT SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 13:39:24 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 20
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    1

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The goal was to make a clean sweep as soon as possible and then stop.
However, it took 28 of the 30 hour contest period to find NNY and then
I found 2 of them.  The second most annoying section was SB which hid
until the middle of Sunday afternoon.  Third and fourth were QC and
ONN which turned up Sunday morning.

Normally I look forward to hours of running on 80 meters after dark.
But everyone stayed on the high bands and 80 didn't become productive.

I took lots of breaks including 40 minutes after 3 hours.  Got a full
night's sleep.  I didn't particularly notice the CME effect other than
some auroral buzz on a few signals.

Count of sections:
     1: VI, PE, ONN
     2: AK, TER, PR, NL, QC, NNY
     3: NM, SJV, AB, WTX, NV, UT, PAC, NB, MB, WMA, NS, ND, SB
     4: EB, WV, WY, VT, ONS
     5: LAX, SK, ONE, NE, MS, DE, SD
     6: ID, RI, LA, NH, SF, OK, AL, AR
     7: SDG, SFL, KS, SNJ
     8: EWA, WCF, SC, NLI, ENY, ME
     9: MT, BC
    10: MO, IA
    11: ORG, SV, WPA, NNJ
    12: GA
    14: CT, STX
    15: OR, KY, NFL
    16: WWA, AZ, NTX, EMA, GH
    17: CO, IN, WNY
    18: SCV
    23: WI, TN
    26: MI, NC
    27: OH
    29: MN
    30: EPA
    32: MDC
    38: VA
    47: IL

Only 3 sections at risk of log check failure.

Equipment: Elecraft K3S/P3 and Alpha 8410; K3/P3 and ETO91B; tribander
at 100 feet, tribander at 60 feet, low 40-meter dipole, full sized
verticals on 40 and 80.  Many 2-wire, center-fed Beverages.