[3830] SS CW K7NT(@KM7W) Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mconatore@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7NT(@KM7W) Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 04:33:14 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K7NT
Operator(s): K7NT
Station: KM7W

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: Shawmut, MT
Operating Time (hrs): 23:47
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

The KM7W Radio Ranch always impresses! It seems to be an rf nexus!

Despite losing the 72' mast that supported the 160, 80 and 40 meter antennas a
short while ago, Chris and I spent a wet, cold and windy Thursday untangling
wires and guy lines, then erecting a 30' military surplus fiberglass pole and
hanging the 80 meter and 2 40 meter inverted vees. We had to do some trimming
since they are now at less than half the height they were, but it all worked
very well! The Spider Beam (wire  and fiberglass Yagi for 20, 15 and 10 meters -
also at about 30') did its job well, though the SWR got a bit uncomfortable for
the Alpha 87A mid-day Sunday, probably due to wind moving the wires too much.

Everything worked and I had a great time wielding a stick that is much bigger
than it would appear. My first serious SS entry since 1996 at W7RM and my first
time really getting a chance to do SO2R. That didn't really take on much meaning
until Sunday afternoon when things were slow. I began to use the YCCC SO2R+ box
to search 15 while CQing on 20, etc. As I got familiar with it and learned to
manage and balance, I could really see how much benefit SO2R is. I just dipped
my toes this time and I look forward to learning and experiencing more SO2R and
2BSIQ, which I now can really see doing.

Thanks for all of the QSOs! And especially thanks to Chris KL9A for encouraging
me and allowing me to do some ranchin'!

73,
Mike K7NT