[3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 00:00:43 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 16
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This one was over for me in the first hour.  I should have started on 10 but
stuck with the old adage "If you start on 10, you're losing" by my
good friend K5GA (SK).

Rate just never really recovered from my bad start and I was fumble fingering
the SO2R switching WAY too many times.  At 16 hours, I just couldn't see any
sense in going another 8 hours so headed home and enjoyed a nice Sunday
afternoon with my wife, Joyce.  I only dozed off once.

I'm really liking the filters in my K4s which made most tight squeezes livable
but there sure seems to be a strong trend toward jumping onto someone else's
frequency without listening and trying to edge them out.  Bad strategy with me.
;-)

I haven't missed a sweep in quite a while and I haven't missed 1000 Qs many
times either but conditions just seemed weird.  On 10, EU was loud and stateside
was almost gone many times.  Oh well.

It gave the station a good workout and helped me identify more things to fix.
;-)

73,
Bob K5WA