[3830] CQWW SSB CN3A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, stefano.brioschi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CN3A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 11:02:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: CN3A
Operator(s): OK1RI OK1DO OK1GI OK1GK OK1JKT OK1NP OK1VVT OK2ZAW A41CK IC8WIC
IZ2ZOZ IK2SGC IK2QEI CN8WK
Station: CN3A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Asfi

  160:   439    13       57
   80:  1727    24       91
   40:  2946    32      121
   20:  5136    38      144
   15:  5761    40      151
   10:  6506    38      161
-------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

We met in Morroco once more  - this time in bigger numbers than usually. 4xI,
8xOK, 1xA4 + 1xCN.

We were happy to meet three newcommers – A41CK, IC8WIC and OK2ZAW.

We decided that 10m needs some upgrade. It started already during spring.

Jiri designed and build 6x4Y, with the idea to put it on the tower from which
our 80m deltaloops are hanging down. He model what the negative influence of the
80m loops would be and came to conclusion it should be within 0,2dB limit so OK.
The Yagis should be short in order to allow the manipulation with the loops.

We still had to rebuild the loops a bit to allow the placement of the yagis.

We put down our old 3x5el. Yagis and rebuild them and fix.

All this work was done during one visit in August and one visit in September.

The plan was those 6 Yagis will go up in Monday before the conest – but up to
40m/s wind gusts came and very heavy rain from some storm moving above the ocean
not far from us. It continued in Tuesday.

The weather was horrible and nothing could be done outside. We were already
nervous if the whole project is doable before contest. Well the weather improved
in Wednesday, the antennas were up nicely in 5 hours ! Another fix 10m antenna
to 120deg. Went on the 15m/40m tower into 35m above the ground, the station
seemed to work OK and we were ready.

All seemed to work fine. Even 160m was better than expected. We was very happy
to see that the new 10m stack worked very well indeed. Also the rebuild of the
old stack was visible. The QSOs were coming into the log reasonably well.

When the dust settled you can see what we managed to put into the DX-log which
worked fine.

One peculiarity is we managed to work 253 !!!!! stations on 6 bands. That is
abolutely unexpected number. Well over 50% of people we worked on 160m managed
to work us an all 6 bands.

The team was amazing an a lot of work has been done before the contest.
Thanks a lot to Ahmed CN8WK and ARRAM.

THANK YOU !

Looking forward to see you all

73 from CN3A Team
Jiri OK1RI, Stefano IK2QEI, Matteo IK2SGC.