[3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P(9A1UN) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 9A1P(9A1UN) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 14:58:44 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: 9A1P
Operator(s): 9A1UN
Station: 9A1P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Mirna
Operating Time (hrs): 40
OpMode: SO2R

  160:  135     6       42
   80:  333    14       57
   40: 1170    27       86
   20: 1074    36      107
   15: 1316    35      112
   10: 1690    37      122
------------------------------

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

9A1P station step by step is coming back to old potential.
Spent two weeks almost everyday at qth doing some works.
Added second ant for 40m, a 3el delta loop hanging between towers to East.
Its not the best option but it did a good job as alternative for 3el yagi
fixed to USA. Raised some kind of bent inv L for 160m,with apex at 30m and
feeding
point at about 8-10m. Beverages mounted trough some dense vegetation so that we
can keep em up whole winter.
Not much to say about condx, sunspot nr droped to low levels, some coronal hole
opened on the sun and caused quite some AU and closed polar paths on upper
bands.
Contest started on 40m, in a total mess of qrm. All WW big guns fighting for a
very limited space of some 70KHz is unhuman. Cant wait the day to get band
extended to 7300.
RX on the yagi was impossible due to QRM levels, however beverages saved the
night. Rate wasnt spectacular but kept an 140q/h avarage with mostly USA
3pointers until past sunrise.
Moved a bit on 20m and found great condx over the pole for the next hour, with
lot of juicy mults calling in. JA opening on 10m was solid, aftermaths 15m didnt
really produce a good number of 3poiners. Kept runinn mostly 20 and 10 until sun
rised up in the states. NExt hours were all great and most over 200q/h.
At 17z in the middle of the USA pileup I got beaten by some kind of spider and
had some bad reaction on my foot. After it got worse I remembered old buddy Jim
W7EJ and immeadetly stood up and went to ER. Got some injections and doctors
said if it calms down in next few hours I will be ok. So went home and after
some cool packs it was clear that everything was gonna be ok. Altough I missed
the best part of the contest I decided to go back to the qth and do my best
until the end. So I did and apparently I catch up by the end my competitors and
even beat some of them.
Special thanks to my dad 9A2RD who help me with antenna setup the days before
the contest and to Mirko 9A6KX who spent lot of his time preparing SO2R and
antenna switching. This time I had not a single technical problem too bad Murphy
was there sending spider attack :)

I love this game!

73 Dave 9A1UN aka (from Sleeping beauty to newest Spiderman)